Monday, November 12, 2012

My Studio

My muse is not a sweet, ethereal whisper in my ear.  Oh, no.  She's very real and sometimes bossy.  She told me to take a picture of my studio and post it on my blog.  She said that people love stuff like that.  Well, I must admit that I love stuff like that.  I look at the tidy studios and wonder how anything creative could ever come from such a sterile and orderly place.  I look at the messy ones and wonder how anything lovely could ever come from such chaos.  No, that's not true.  What I really think when I see a messy studio is that I've found an instant friend.  I, too, am a pig.  I organize only when my work surface has shrunk to mere inches on the table in front of me.  Give me a surface and I'll pig it up.  I couldn't tell you what color my desk is.  I'm not proud of this fact.  It's just the way it is.  Time in my studio is so precious.  Why would I clean when I could be creating?
    So, get ready.  I'm going to post a couple of pictures of my studio.  Not right now, but soon.  I'll have to muster some courage first, like stepping on the scales at a Weight Watchers meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment